Snape, Everlasting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of Snape, Everlasting on your social bookmarking website

Public Polls

Tim Burton?

2 posters

Go down

Tim Burton? Empty Tim Burton?

Post by Knightmare Serenade Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:41 am

Anyone else here a fan of Tim Burton? Favorite Burton films? Fun, random facts? Well, for one: I thought it was interesting that the artwork he did for a contest as a child once ended up on a garbage truck (if I remember correctly?). I really can't pick a favorite Burton film because 1.) I haven't seen them all, and 2.) all the ones I have seen are great! (Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, James and the Giant Peach, Batman, Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before Christmas,...I feel like I'm leaving something out....).
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Tim Burton? Empty Re: Tim Burton?

Post by Melusine Hardbroom Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Well, I can't say that I've seen them all either( I have seen almost all of them though Shocked )but I do have favorites Very Happy -

'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'
'Batman' & 'Batman Returns'
'Beetlejuice'
'Sleepy Hollow'-(I had to edit myself just then, cause I wrote "Hallow" rather than "Hollow" the first time, Laughing To self- " It's not, 'Sleepy Hallows' you nitwit!" Craaazy )
Mars Attacks!
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'
'Sweeney Todd'
'Corpse Bride'

Oddly enough I didn't care all that much for 'Edward Scissorhands' even tho it was Vincent Price's last film(BIG Vincent Price fan here) & 'Alice in Wonderland' either.. oh and not a whole lot keen on his 'Planet of the Apes' re-do.. No Eh. That said, I'm kinda looking forward to his version of 'Dark Shadows'.
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

https://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Serenade Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:Well, I can't say that I've seen them all either( I have seen almost all of them though Shocked )but I do have favorites Very Happy -

'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'
'Batman' & 'Batman Returns'
'Beetlejuice'
'Sleepy Hollow'-(I had to edit myself just then, cause I wrote "Hallow" rather than "Hollow" the first time, Laughing To self- " It's not, 'Sleepy Hallows' you nitwit!" Craaazy )
Mars Attacks!
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'
'Sweeney Todd'
'Corpse Bride'

Oddly enough I didn't care all that much for 'Edward Scissorhands' even tho it was Vincent Price's last film(BIG Vincent Price fan here) & 'Alice in Wonderland' either.. oh and not a whole lot keen on his 'Planet of the Apes' re-do.. No Eh. That said, I'm kinda looking forward to his version of 'Dark Shadows'.

Ooh! I knew I left something out! You know I actually played the soundtrack for Mars Attacks! in a Wind Ensemble performance a few years ago. I haven't seen the movie, though. I also left out "9." I thought it was kind of cute in the beginning, but the ending sort of...well, killed it. And I haven't seen Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Corpse Bride or Sleepy Hollow! I know, I deserve a slap on the hand.
I also heard that Sweeney Todd was really super good, and I've always wanted to see it after reading and hearing all about it, but then I heard that it was like, really over-the-top gory and then I was like...ehh...never mind. I can handle gore and such, but only to a certain extent, you know? Anyway, what exactly is "Dark Shadows" - I haven't even heard of that, but it sounds interesting....
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Serenade Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Goodness me! I forgot Coraline! I really like Coraline, especially for the dream/nightmare-like quality about it. I like watching it at night. ^_^
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Melusine Hardbroom Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

Knightmare Serenade wrote:

Ooh! I knew I left something out! You know I actually played the soundtrack for Mars Attacks! in a Wind Ensemble performance a few years ago. I haven't seen the movie, though. I also left out "9." I thought it was kind of cute in the beginning, but the ending sort of...well, killed it. And I haven't seen Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Corpse Bride or Sleepy Hollow! I know, I deserve a slap on the hand.
I also heard that Sweeney Todd was really super good, and I've always wanted to see it after reading and hearing all about it, but then I heard that it was like, really over-the-top gory and then I was like...ehh...never mind. I can handle gore and such, but only to a certain extent, you know? Anyway, what exactly is "Dark Shadows" - I haven't even heard of that, but it sounds interesting....

Well, Sweeney Todd *was* gory, but it's..not to justify it you know, but it's understandable. Sweeney basically wanted revenge(and went a bit crazy, or maybe a whole lot crazy.. >_> ) Here's a Link to a wikipedia page on 'Sweeney Todd'. The page is incredibly spoilery but it does explain the story(and history) pretty well.

Oh and Dark Shadows is/was a t.v paranormal soap opera back in the late 60's-early 70's about a vampire named Barnabas Collins. Well, not only about him; being a soap opera there was all kinds of stuff going on, with ghosts, and such. They remade it back in 91, but it didn't last long. The original was pretty popular though, from what I understand. Hulu has some episodes from the 91 version, if you're interested in checking it out. (if you get Netflix, it looks like they have episodes from the original AND the '91 version)

Knightmare Serenade wrote:Goodness me! I forgot Coraline! I really like Coraline, especially for the dream/nightmare-like quality about it. I like watching it at night. ^_^

Er, well.. actually Tim Burton didn't have anything to do with Coraline--that was all Neil Gaiman(author) and it was directed by a guy named Henry Selick--here's
more about it But the way it's done, it could have been a Tim Burton movie, it's so like something he'd do. Yes
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

https://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Serenade Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:14 am

Say what?! I never knew that.... It really does seem Burtonesque, though, doesn't it? Well, like they say: we learn something new every day.
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum