Snape, Everlasting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of Snape, Everlasting on your social bookmarking website

Public Polls

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?)

5 posters

Go down

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?) Empty Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?)

Post by Melusine Hardbroom Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Ok.

This movie was in a word, AWESOME.

And Alan was..merlin, wonderful.

I think it was interesting that they chose his "death" scene to be in the Hogwarts boat docks, than the Shrieking Shack.

But, I have to say, it was one thing to read about his death and to watch it on the big screen.

Goddamn, but it was sad and painful and I squalled like a baby.

It was so unfair. Maybe she had a reason and all to kill him off(to give Harry a chance or whatever) but it felt pointless all the same to me.

Eh, what do I know.

But I ache now.
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

https://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?) Empty Re: Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?)

Post by [My 9th Doctor] Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

I loved the movie as well. The part with Snape's memory was so touching and heart wrenching. Sad

It was probably the best done of all the movies I felt like. Though I am partial to the 1st two because I feel like they are so cute and close to the books (and it's funny to see the trio and Draco as such little kids).

And what now? I guess wait for Pottermore? I'm excited to get sorted but I didn't try for beta testing except the last day (oh the fun of working regular hours, it's not really possible to stay up all hours of the night to try and register...and the 7th day people barely even get a week of testing before the open to the public date anyways!(.
[My 9th Doctor]
[My 9th Doctor]
Second Year
Second Year

http://twitter.com/#!/chelsina_mina

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?) Empty Re: Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (SPOILERS.. ?)

Post by ThestralShadow Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm

The movie was fantastic. the book was like, ok, snape loved lily, everything kinda makes sense now...whatever. but the movie was like OMFG THAT'S SO TRAGIC!!! Crying or Very sad
and i think i've said this a couple times on gaia, but JKR told alan rickman about the whole lily thing when they were filming the sorcerer's stone! that was waayy before anyone had any clue about it. but she did it so he could be the part better. so basically he was preparing for TEN YEARS to do that one "chapter" of the movie of the pensive T_T so sad. i mean, who wants to end up like snape? loving the same person your whole life, after they hate you, marry someone else, have a kid, even DIE, and 16 years later... Sad so sad...ok i'm done Smile

ThestralShadow
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester25 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:07 pm

When I read about Snape's death in the books, I cried... a lot. I have to say. It was very tragic. I haven't seen the movie yet. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD. Because I was sad about the movies ending already (because I literally grew up with the characters, age wise). Let's just say that I don't like crying in front of people so I am sitting this one out until it's on DVD. Sounds crazy I know. But it just feels like my childhood has disappeared with the movies... so yeah... waiting on the DVD...
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Serenade Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:39 am

I cried gallons when I read the last book, and although I also hate crying in front of people I decided to see the movie in theaters anyway when it came out in July and I cried a whole damn ocean. T_T Seriously, I missed like 1/3 of the movie because I was too busy crying. I had to grip my sweater tight and pin myself to the seat to quit from shaking, and force myself to stiffle the gasps and sniffles. Finally, when I got home - and only when I was 100% alone in my room - I wailed for hours (I think the longest episode was like 4 hours straight, and then several more hours in intervals throughout the night and day - for 6 nights and 7 days. I just couldn't stop). I didn't even care if anyone thought it was foolish for me to be so upset over something that's imaginary; it was just one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life, real or fake.
Rickman did play his part well, but maybe a little too well....
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Serenade Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 am

It's also the fact that the producers decided to throw that bit in the movie that wasn't in the book, as if it weren't sad enough. And part of what makes it so horrible is not that Snape died, but that Snape died thinking that he failed his mission and let Lily down, leaving Harry to die. Poor Snape is never told the truth about Dumbledore and the horcruxes, and why Harry needs to sacrifice himself "temporarily" to Voldemort only to kill the horcrux part inside of him, not sacrificing Harry's actual soul and therefore actual self (which is why he comes back to life after everyone thought him dead).
And I still think Snape could have been heroic without dying. He could have been fatally wounded (like splinched or something) but had some kind of cure to revive him in time, and only after he shows Harry the memories. If he is cured before Harry learns the truth, then Snape would just go back to normal. But if Harry's already discovered the truth, and Snape is cured and knows there's no turning back, he'll have no choice but to continue the rest of his life being kinder to Harry and vice versa.
Plus, he didn't die in the best "heroic" scenario: he didn't die fighting valiantly to the death, he didn't die defending himself or others; he was caught by surprise by Voldemort unleashing Nagini on him, which was brutal and completely unnecessary because Snape was never in control of the Elder Wand. Voldemort's just retarded.
It's also sad how Snape spends his last moments alive giving Harry his memories of what he and Dumbledore shared, but nobody ever told him about what Dumbledore and Harry shared. Snape was deceived and died deceived.
Knightmare Serenade
Knightmare Serenade
Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down