Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
free forum

March 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking live      




Bookmark and share the address of Snape, Everlasting on your social bookmarking website

Public Polls

Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Go down

Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Okay, so--

Pottermore is Open for Beta Testing!

Use this thread for discussion,tips, what you like and don't like,etc.

Obviously, we all might not be starting at the same time(those who are beta testers, natch) so spoilers might be unavoidable. If you all would rather, we can make this thread a spoiler-free zone-- or..

This board has spoiler tags :

Like
Spoiler:
this right here
Which we can use if needed.(clicky on the spoiler box)

So whatever you all want to do, let me know Smile Have fun now and discuss!

_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's "private" lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Has anyone on the board gotten into Pottermore yet?? I'm still waiting for my Welcome email.. D:

_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's "private" lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 pm

I haven't received my email yet. But I think that it may be soon. It said that I would get one at the end of August, or early September. So hopefully it will be soon.
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Ok --

I got my email! *faints* Finally, finally.. holy crow.

And.....

Sorted into Slytherin!

I'm too excited(and relieved) to talk about it much right now, that'll come later, I know.. but, if anyone wants to friend me on there, PM for my Pottermore name. I also would suggest that no one post your full Pottermore names here, or at least, PM your names, because of people saying that there are those out there that would try and hack your accounts if they had your full account name.

Don't give up, those who still haven't gotten their emails--I've heard that they were sending out really a lot of emails lately--dunno if that's true or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is, and that no one will have to wait until the very last minute to get in(cause that would suck and be mean of Pottermore,truly)

G'luck!


_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's "private" lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:17 pm

I still have not received my email yet. But I was looking at a thread on Gaia... a user said that they're letting more and more people in each day. I think that she said on the 6th that they let in at least 100,000 users... and someone else said that they will probably get a lot of the users in by the end of the week. So who knows :/ I just hope that I get my email soon lol. >.<

If anyone wants my username, email me, and I'll send it to you. I think that you can add unacctivated accounts too...

edit: looks like they sent out more emails today, and will continue to do so, possibly over the next two weeks.

http://insider.pottermore.com/
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Jester, will keep my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully it'll be soon. It has felt like FOREVER since I first signed up.. I nearly passed out when mine showed up today. o_O

Will send you an email with my Pottermore name Wink

_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's &quot;private&quot; lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:Jester, will keep my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully it'll be soon. It has felt like FOREVER since I first signed up.. I nearly passed out when mine showed up today. o_O

Will send you an email with my Pottermore name Wink
Thank you ^_^
and congrats on getting your email by the way... I'll probably be the same way if and when I get my email >.< It will probably be in my email at the end of september, knowing my luck. lol

and I'll email you my username in a sec Very Happy
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Welcome =)

Weird thing tho.. went to add your Pottermore name and it's coming back as not a valid user name.. o_O I wonder if that means because you're not on there yet, or something???

But I'll keep your name on standby once you do get there Wink

Oh and I do hope that you won't be on until the end of Sept..yikes!

_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's &quot;private&quot; lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:Welcome =)

Weird thing tho.. went to add your Pottermore name and it's coming back as not a valid user name.. o_O I wonder if that means because you're not on there yet, or something???

But I'll keep your name on standby once you do get there Wink

Oh and I do hope that you won't be on until the end of Sept..yikes!
I don't know 0_o but a lot of other people (on Gaia) have said that they added their friends and their accounts haven't been activated yet... and I think that the Pottermore insider confirmed that you can do that... BUT I think that my account is okay, because I can log in... but it just gives me the Congrats message >.> Which you have probably seen before. So I don't know what's up. Maybe the mods have decided to not let anyone add anyone else until their accounts are activated. Because there was a rumor floating around (which they shot down) about getting your email faster if someone adds you as a friend... so they probably took that down so the rumor would stop... but that's just a guess.
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Yeah, they might have changed it to where you can only add people who are activated.. but anyway..

Thoughts so far-- this may be a bit spoliery, but hopefully not.

Time to craft potions, needs to be longer >_<
Spell work needs better instructions(boy howdy!)

Spoiler:
I'm stuck in a "moment"--the winged key room. Won't move on to the next room(which is Wizard's Chess) I have the key, but it won't move on.
I really hope they add music/ambient sounds for the big opening, cause it's kinda eerie right now o_O


I may post on Gaia with some questions.. or over at the CoS forums.

_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's &quot;private&quot; lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:Yeah, they might have changed it to where you can only add people who are activated.. but anyway..

Thoughts so far-- this may be a bit spoliery, but hopefully not.

Time to craft potions, needs to be longer >_<
Spell work needs better instructions(boy howdy!)

Spoiler:
I'm stuck in a "moment"--the winged key room. Won't move on to the next room(which is Wizard's Chess) I have the key, but it won't move on.
I really hope they add music/ambient sounds for the big opening, cause it's kinda eerie right now o_O


I may post on Gaia with some questions.. or over at the CoS forums.

I may not have Pottermore at the present time, but I know your pain. XD I have the Harry Potter video games and well... the time limit kills me... lol
and the Pottermore insider has mentioned the potions game... but I haven't really read anything on it. Because I want to be able to try it out first.
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Okay... I finally received the email today. But the site is down for updates at the moment, so... I'll let you guys know what house I am in, when it reopens and I can take the quiz.
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Jester25 wrote:Okay... I finally received the email today. But the site is down for updates at the moment, so... I'll let you guys know what house I am in, when it reopens and I can take the quiz.

cheers Congrats! And, that's too bad, that they're down right now(hopefully it won't be long til it opens up again)

I'm hoping that that means they're fixing glitches.. >_<


_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's &quot;private&quot; lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Jester25 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote: cheers Congrats! And, that's too bad, that they're down right now(hopefully it won't be long til it opens up again)

I'm hoping that that means they're fixing glitches.. >_<

Thanks Smile
The only real problem that I have with them updating is... is that I wish that they would make up their mind. It updates, then lets people in, then 5 minutes later they go to the updating page once again. So I just wish that it would stay one way or another and stop kicking people out, when they're in the middle of something.

edit: okay guys, I'm in Slytherin Razz
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-08-12
Age : 27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:57 am

Jester25 wrote:
Melusine Hardbroom wrote: cheers Congrats! And, that's too bad, that they're down right now(hopefully it won't be long til it opens up again)

I'm hoping that that means they're fixing glitches.. >_<

Thanks Smile
The only real problem that I have with them updating is... is that I wish that they would make up their mind. It updates, then lets people in, then 5 minutes later they go to the updating page once again. So I just wish that it would stay one way or another and stop kicking people out, when they're in the middle of something.

edit: okay guys, I'm in Slytherin Razz

Yeah, their updating protocols are a little.. crazy. o_O But anyway, it looks like some of the glitches have been fixed maybe; I'm not stuck anymore at least and it's allowing me to move on. Thank Merlin.

Also-
Congrats on getting into Slytherin! Wooooot! Hug


_________________
Melusine Hardbroom-
Admin and Keeper of Severus' Heart





Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 54
Location : In Snape's &quot;private&quot; lab.. ;-)

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore Official Chat Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum