Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
free forum

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Snape, Everlasting on your social bookmarking website

Public Polls

Hey, New here :)

Go down

Hey, New here :) Empty Hey, New here :)

Post by Jester25 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Hey, new here. But I am guessing that a lot of users are. My name is Jessica... and since this is a Harry Potter related forum I have to say that I have been a fan of the series for as long as I can remember. So a long time... I am in College, and I started liking the series when I was in third or fourth grade.

I am also a big fan of V: the Original series, Starship Troopers (yes that's the reason for the avatar) and A Nightmare on Elm Street...

School starts back on Monday so I will be online when I can... and that's all I really have to say, other than I am easy to get a long with, for the most part. So don't be afraid to talk to me... I'll answer back when I can.

Last edited by Jester25 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Hey, New here :) Empty Re: Hey, New here :)

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Jester25 wrote:Hey, new here. But I am guessing that a lot of users are. My name is Jessica... and since this is a Harry Potter related forum I have to say that I have been a fan of the series for as long as I can remember. So a long time... I am in College, and I started liking the series when I was in third or fourth grade.

I am also a big fan of V: the Original series, Starship Troopers (yes that's the reason for the avatar) and A Nightmare on Elm Street...

School starts back on Monday so I will be online when I can... and that's all I really have to say, other than I am easy to get a long with, for the most part. So don't be afraid to talk to me... I'll answer back when I can.

Welcome Jessica =) Oh you know,I too am a fan of the original V series & Starship Troopers. XD

Understand about the school thing, my daughter starts school on Mon too, so I know how busy you'll prolly be Wink Post whenever you can, it's all good.

Melusine(sneaking on her friend's computer again Very Happy )

Hey, New here :) IdFOm5

Hey, New here :) HP-Ravenclaw
Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester25 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:Welcome Jessica =) Oh you know,I too am a fan of the original V series & Starship Troopers. XD

Understand about the school thing, my daughter starts school on Mon too, so I know how busy you'll prolly be Wink Post whenever you can, it's all good.

Melusine(sneaking on her friend's computer again Very Happy )
Awesome! It's great to meet another fan of those. My mom introduced me to V and I didn't want to watch it at first... but then I watched it, and loved it... it's a great series in my opinion. I have tried watching the new one... and I have to say, I don't like it... then again, I don't really like remakes anyway.

Have you ever read the Starship Trooper book? I am reading it at the moment. It's really good.

and I'll try my best to at least post once a day, if possible Smile

Last edited by Jester25 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Melusine Hardbroom on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Jester25 wrote:
Awesome! It's great to meet another fan of those. My mom introduced me to V and I didn't want to watch it at first... but then I watched it, and loved it... it's a great series in my opinion. I have tried watching the new one... and I have to say, I don't like it... then again, I don't really like remakes anyway.

Have you ever read the Starship Trooper book? I am reading it at the moment. It's really good.

and I'll try my best to at least post once a day, if possible Smile

In my very humble opinion, the Original V was superior Very Happy I tried watching the new series and just couldn't get into it. Neutral
--
Anyway, yeah I've read the Starship Troopers book--it's a good book.. a lot different than the movies(well, pretty much--it's been a while since I've read it). Have you read any other books by Robert Heinlein? He's awesome. You must read 'To Sail Beyond The Sunset' and 'The Number of the Beast' if you haven't. Also, 'The Cat That Walks Through Walls' (one of my utter faves)

Hey, New here :) IdFOm5

Hey, New here :) HP-Ravenclaw
Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?
Melusine Hardbroom
Melusine Hardbroom
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

http://velanddark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester25 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Melusine Hardbroom wrote:In my very humble opinion, the Original V was superior Very Happy I tried watching the new series and just couldn't get into it. Neutral
--
Anyway, yeah I've read the Starship Troopers book--it's a good book.. a lot different than the movies(well, pretty much--it's been a while since I've read it). Have you read any other books by Robert Heinlein? He's awesome. You must read 'To Sail Beyond The Sunset' and 'The Number of the Beast' if you haven't. Also, 'The Cat That Walks Through Walls' (one of my utter faves)
That's like me... I watched it... and I didn't like it to much. I guess that the characters were not as interesting as the Original series... and I think that the new one kinda tried to hard on graphics, than they did the story line... and it seemed more movie like, than it did a tv show. But that's just me.

And I haven't read any of his other books, but I plan on it. I like his writing style and I think that that the next one that I want to try is "Stranger in a Strange Land" and I will try the ones that you listed too ^_^ thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by Jester25 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jester25
Jester25
Third Year
Third Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marissa The Monster on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm new too. I like the Bee Gees.
Marissa The Monster
Marissa The Monster
First Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum